I haven’t posted weekend reflections for a while now but decided I would this weekend. As I was typing them out, this passage from James came to mind – may it be a help and encouragement to you as we continue on this Journey through God’s Word –
But don’t just listen to God’s word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves. 23 For if you listen to the word and don’t obey, it is like glancing at your face in a mirror. 24 You see yourself, walk away, and forget what you look like. 25 But if you look carefully into the perfect law that sets you free, and if you do what it says and don’t forget what you heard, then God will bless you for doing it. James 1:22-25 NLT
REFLECTIONS FROM WEEK 2 OF THE IMPORTANCE OF PRAYER –
- What do we learn when we see how Jesus took time out of His day to get away and pray?
- How to anger and unforgiveness hinder your prayers?
- How was the power of prayer exhibited in Acts 9:40? What does this teach us about the power of prayer?
- When we pray for ourselves and others, what is one thing we should pray for based on Ephesians 3:16?
- Why is it important to abide in Christ? How can we do this when we pray?
If you missed any of the posts for week 2 you can find them at the following links –