The God Who Restores, A Love God Greatly Study – w3d2
Today’s Reading: Zephaniah 3:14-20
SOAP: Zephaniah 3:17
Observations: The Day of Hope
Are these the things you believe about your God?
- Do you know that He is in your midst, that He is with you?
- Do you see Him as a mighty warrior who not only can but has delivered you from the power of sin and death?
- Do you believe, despite what you know about yourself (and despite what He knows), that your God takes great delights in you?
- Have you experienced the calming, renewing effect of His love in your life?
- Can you hear Him rejoicing over you with singing?
Application: It’s all in the attitude
I’ve said it before but it bears repeating … What we believe will steer our attitude. We will either be shouting for joy at what God has promised that is yet to come and rejoicing over what He has already done – or, we will doubt who He is and miss all that He has for us while we wait here on earth – and possibly what He has promised those who belong to Him in the future. We must be intentional, write it down on paper or better yet, put it in the notes section of your phone. When doubt or fears arise and hope dwindles pull it out and read it as a mantra- Perhaps something like this …
God is my God and He is with me, my mighty Savior who takes delight in me, with gladness! I will remind myself often that it is in Him and because of His love that I find a calming peace and a renewal my spirit.Me, from the inside-out
Father – how great is Your love! You dwell with me – my warrior who has saved me. I am Your daughter and You take great delight in me – even shouting for joy over me with song! I am forever grateful for your word and for Your messages and promises of hoped contained within it! –
What does Zephaniah 3:17 show us about God’s coming restoration? How can you find joy and proclaim His goodness today?