I Am Coming Soon: Week 2, Day 3 (A Love God Greatly Study)
Today’s Reading: Revelation 3:10-11(SOAP verse 11)
“Because you have obeyed my command to persevere, I will protect you from the great time of testing that will come upon the whole world to test those who belong to this world. I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take away your crown.Revelation 3:10-11 NLT
I am by no means an adept student when it comes to the book of Revelation. However, as is the practice of SOAPing Scripture I can make observations and pray for Him to give enlightenment through His Spirit who was sent to teach us and to remind us of everything Jesus said.
- There is a “testing” (a great tribulation) that will come upon those who belong to the world.
- The church of Philadelphia obeyed Christ’s command and persevered.
- Christ will protect [them] from the great time of testing.
- Christ encourages the believers that He is coming soon.
- He encourages them to “Hold on to what [they have]”
- They [we] have JESUS!
- He is the Way, the Truth, and the life (John 14:6)
- With Jesus on their side their crown is protected
- because Jesus cannot be overcome for He has already overcome the enemy
- He is [our] Righteousness (1 Corinthians 1:30)
So How Do We “Hold On”? (Application)
- To endure, it seems we must fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart – or as He said of Philadelphia – so you will “endure steadfastly
- Like the Psalmist we must set the LORD always before us, keeping Him at our right hand so that we will not be shaken (Ps. Ps 16:8)
Response to the Word: (Prayer)
Father- Thank You for Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith. The One who is the way, the truth, and the life. He is my righteousness, my crown, and joy! Help me (us) to hold on to Jesus – t be diligent in our faithfulness – to keep our eyes on Him who is our righteousness and salvation and eternal life! This is my prayer in Jesus’ Name –
Your Turn: Reflections
- What do you believe Jesus means in Revelation 3:10-11?
- Why do you believe this?