A Love God Greatly Study: Preview for Week 1, In The Last Days
Our Verse for the Journey: Hebrews 10:24-25
For this journey our verse(s) come from week 6 of our study. I encourage you to write the verses down on a note card or even several cards so that you have one in your car, your kitchen, your bedroom, your desk at work …. wherever you frequently find yourself. Read it at least 3 times every day, and over the course of the 6-week journey, begin trying to remember the words or phrases without looking. Lean on the Spirit for help – after all, John 14:26 says that our advocate, the Holy Spirit, was given to teach us all things and to remind us of all He said.
I believe that it is important to hide Scripture away in our hearts, to be familiar with all of it, and to remember as much of it as we can. after all it promises benefits in this life and in the life to come. Such as …
- It brings life to those who find them and healing to the whole body (Prov. 4:20-22)
- It is a light to guide our path (Ps. 119:105)
- It is a weapon against sin (Ps 119:11)
- It judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart (Hebrews 4:12)
- It trains us in righteousness and prepares us for every good work (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- It helps us stay pure (Ps 119:9)
- It’s a way to know God and what He wants for His children (John 1:1) and expects from them (James 1:22)
Throughout every journey, we will read and sometimes reread many passages, the LGG Studies will promote a memory/focus verse each week, but I like to zero in on one verse that we look at throughout the entire study with the hope of knowing it by the end of the journey. Before you say “I can’t,” remember we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us (Phil 4:13), especially when it is something He wants us to do – and I promise you, without question, He wants us to be so familiar with His Word that it’s like we have it hidden in our heart. There are all sorts of creative ways to remember and become more and more familiar with His Word. I’ll be happy to share them with you throughout the weeks ahead.
Week 1 Challenge:
We know Jesus is coming back! Though we don’t know the exact day or time, we do know each day we are given is one day closer to His return. Keeping that truth in mind this week, set aside time to:
- pray for the salvation of any of your unsaved family and friends.
- Pray that God will use you in their lives to help them experience Him through you.
- Pray that God will open their hearts and minds to His saving grace and for their need for it.
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to move powerfully through you and –
- pray for these friends and family members to respond to God’s free gift of salvation.